THIS IS ME.
I WROTE THIS.
WINE-FREE BITS (MONTH BY MONTH)
- A Very Troubling Blog Comment
- Big Topics & Little Kids
- Can I Hold Your Hand?
- Focus on What You Have Now
- Gray Tutu Day
- I Double Dare You
- I Might Not Go Back to Drinking
- My Grief & My Girls
- Owning Our Lives
- The Day I Changed
- The Question Everyone Asks
- To Be Wild
- Vulnerability Is a Good Thing
- We All Just Want to Be Safe
- What We Avoid
- What We See Is Never the Whole Story
- You Don't Need to Feel This Way
- A Supermodel In Your Basement
- A Yummy Day
- Advice I Will Give My Girls
- Always, Okay?
- Birthday Words for Husband
- Eleven Years Ago
- Happy 4th Birthday, Middle Girl!
- How Many Kids?
- I Cried Myself to Sleep
- In the Moment
- My First Due Date
- On Family & Facebook
- One of Me
- Perfectly Their Mother
- Pretty Pretty Mommy
- So In Love With You
- So Much I Love
- The Sister Thing
- The Truth About Parenthood
- Vacation With Kids
- Your Fifth Birthday
Posted In: WRITING
I’ve been thinking about and writing about marriage for the past few weeks as part of my Here Year project. Truth is, I’ve been thinking and talking about marriage for far longer than this. Since the moment I met the…Read More
On Wednesday evening, I hosted a Happier Hour literary salon here with bestselling author Jane Green. Oh what a night. It was a packed house and we jammed in my yellow living room and talked about marriage and infidelity, twin…Read More
I knew I didn’t want to do this alone. This Here Year. I just had this abiding instinct that whatever this is, and turns out to be, it needs to be a collaboration, a conversation. And that’s just what it’s…Read More
It all started with an email from a very thoughtful friend. Did I want to have lunch at the JCC and hear Anna Quindlen speak? Um, yes. I don’t think I’ve ever replied to a message that fast.
1. Sit down.
2. Write words or edit them.
3. Stand up. (Indulge in a dramatic arms-over-head stretch.)
4. Go out in the world and live. Life is the best material.
5. Repeat every single day. (Or as often as…
A theme keeps cropping up in my writing and in my life: Permission.
We all wait for permission to do things that matter to us, things that might bring us closer to the lives we want.
For years, I talked…
What a privilege it was to attend the 2-Day Thrive: A Third Metric Live Event. The 2-day event was hosted by power duo Arianna Huffington (President and Editor-in-Chief, The Huffington Post) and Mika Brzezinski (co-host of “Morning Joe” on MSNBC)…Read More
I’m terrible at writing thank you notes. Always have been. Not sure why, but now you have me wondering if it has something to do with fear. Maybe I don’t think I will say the right thing? Maybe…
Thoreau said, “Our life is frittered away by detail. Simplify, simplify, simplify! I say, let your affairs be as two or three, and not a hundred or a thousand; instead of a million count half a dozen, and keep your…Read More